Monday, April 19, 2010

listening to L7's "shove" - miss that band so much sometimes. just came from dinner w/an old music industry friend. she does food/online stuff now & seems to be doing really well. competes in triathalons and such. sure I misspelled that one but I'm tired. trying to watch Castle but as per usual, it's not really holding my attention. it's just too formulaic. then again, it's network TV. I miss that show with Johnny Lee Miller as the lawyer who sees God. oh well. the new HBO show "Treme" has been pretty disappointing lately - plotless & too focussed on music. not that the music isn't brilliant but I'd rather spend more than 2 minutes with John Goodman acting & less time with the other storylines. if you can even call them storylines. again. it's TV. get over it, right? reading "Birds of America" every night before I go to bed. she's a great writer but the stories in this collection read as a bit formulaic. listening to my new little hi-fi system too. it's 1/16 the size of my old stereo & sounds almost as good. sure is nice to be able to hook my iPod up to something and hear it playing nice and loud. now I just have to figure out what to do with the old stereo...keeping the turntable of course. and then there's all the poetry I've been writing for Nat'l Poetry Month - a poem a day - though I've been averaging about 5 poems a day. some good. some not good. but it's good exercise to get something down on paper every day. at least that's the theory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home