Tuesday, March 08, 2011

mardi gras eve 2011. and I'm not in new orleans but in nyc. nyc which was particularly dirty and cold and full of rude people today. and after plowing through a stack of bad manuscripts (eek) and a couple of semi-good ones I'm watching bad crime shows. where they generally solve the crimes & catch the bad guys. unlike real life. oh & no parties or beads today (though my boss put beads on all our computers & left work early - of course we weren't allowed to leave early but then we're not the boss)...haven't posted in a while cause I've been busy with "real life" including catching up with some friends I haven't seen in decades. Went to "punk rock movie night" at Otto's & saw "Smithereens" (the movie. not the band. although there IS a band in the movie by that name). It mostly holds up as far as pop culture films go & Richard Hell looks amazing. as does nyc - all rubble and paint everywhere and fires in garbage cans. While I could get all nostalgic (like others in the audience did), one thing this movie reminded me of is that my choices weren't as bad as they could've been & it is nice to have my own safe place to live - albeit a tiny, crumbling one... Winter's still hanging on though most of the snow remnants are gone & I saw some tiny white crocuses today on my afternoon walk. which gives me a tiny sliver of hope that spring will come. eventually. reading "light boxes" right now. gave up on solar - just loathed the main character way too much. tomorrow going to the Nat'l Book Critics Circle Awards Reading (they need a shorter title). should be good though those things always last way too long. I'm sure there's more but I need to watch the end of this show to see who the bad guy is.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home