Saturday, October 16, 2010

today I trekked out to bklyn as I do nearly every saturday morning and lead a writing workshop at the Vet Center. love seeing how much their writing's progressed over the last couple of years. and, selfishly, it's also 2 hrs when I get to write too. after that, headed back home through this REALLY beautiful fall day and then across town to try to get some semblance of winter clothes and blankets out of storage. found some useful stuff & some cool (but not useful) stuff & then discovered that ALL of my wool winter coats smell like my dead neighbor. lovely. so I'm going to have to take my pennies and go to the dry cleaner's - such excitement. In better news, I found all my sherman alexie books so I can finally finish that paper proposal I've been putting off & I found some CDs that somehow didn't make it into my iTunes - mostly classical stuff & one firewater CD that I thought was gone for good. Next step: catalog those books & records & start unloading them. tragic but it must be done. my apartment actually has "stuff" in it now which looks really weird. I don't think I like it. guess I'll have to get rid of some of it. in other news - finishing up "new orleans noir" which so far has been REALLY disappointing. I love the concept but the realization is seriously lacking. I mean, N.O.'s a city with REALLY good writers and yet, this anthology is full of poorly written stories. so disappointing. next up - Chuck P.'s "the haunting" - I tried it before but this time it's for my "book club"...yes, I've finally joined a book club - this one's special though, hosted by Del Cheetah (one-time member of Man Scouts of America) and on facebook. It'll be interesting to see how it works. tomorrow I'm off to Fort Tryon Park & the Cloisters - hope the wind's died down a bit by then. And now...back to the Nash Bridges marathon & some more manuscript submissions.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home