Sunday, August 23, 2009

things I learned this weekend: 
Mako sharks can swim 35 mph = fast a cheetah but not fast as a peregrine falcon. 
prior to 1492, Native pops in North America are est. at up to 18 million. By 1900 this # was 237,000.  
D9 was not as bad as the backlash says it is. It is not, however, as good as the hype says either. The aliens = supercool.

things that annoyed me this weekend:
random people announcing their relationships/sex lives on Twitter. really? how old are you?
the weather. will it just f'ing POUR already & get it over with? 
the beaches being closed. the one weekend I actually had time to GO to the beach.
my knee has gone out on me again. and again. and again. I'd like a new one please?

things I enjoyed this weekend: 
SLEEP. finally I have time and ability to sleep all the way through the night & then some. 
going to the movies = good company + good air conditioning
my kitty being in a highly social mood & not eating any spines of any books.
having time to watch Geek TV (Nature, Discovery Channel, etc.)
Brian Evenson's "Last Days" 
teaching. as always. 
and did I mention, SLEEP...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home