Tuesday, July 14, 2009

haven't been around here in a bit mostly because I'm just too damn busy what with school & life & work and all. I've also been really sick. again. hate it. they should really make asthma a priority in this place. but of course, breathing isn't as important as say, smoking rights. or driving. I just finished reading E. Waugh's "handful of dust" - not his best. and boy, he just really didn't like women much did he? poor boy. That said, some of it's entertaining - I think any of those from the "Sword of Honour" trilogy are actually better. Last night in class (this being "Modern British Fiction") I had to present on Woolf's "Mrs. Dalloway." Love that book. I guess it went well - hard to tell what with the plague clouding all my perceptions. Guess I'll be writing my final paper on this novel as well although I may want to try to combine something with "Saturday" or the Doris Lessing we're reading - something that brings it up into the 21st C. I guess I'd better figure that out over the next week or so. Mid-term's due on Wednesday (ack!). I can't believe that this is my last class ever (at least in this program). I think I want to stay in school for the rest of my life. Though how I'll afford that, not sure. Maybe I'll be all pretentious like some other blogsters I know of & post my notes from my presentation last night. Or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home