Monday, June 22, 2009

falling behind on the posts again...went to see MOON this weekend. It was jam packed so we had to sit too close. Good, slow-moving, worth seeing. Sam Rockwell was awesome as was Kevin Spacey as the "helpful" robot. The ending felt rushed though & oddly hopeful (read: not necessary). Back at work where they seem to think we need to be kept below 50 degrees (?). This weekend was also the "Write Makes Might Marathon" NYWC reading. 5 of my workshop participants read & they were SO good...makes getting up at the crack of every Sat morning for the past year & more well worth it. The reading was 4 hours long (ouch!) and 90% of the readers were truly wonderful...I guess some people went to the Mermaid Parade despite the weather. Just wouldn't seem the same to me now what with all my favorite mermaids moved away or out of touch. Sunday I did my schoolwork - read all of Philip Roth's "The Human Stain" ... not sure what I'm going to write about that mess. Ack. Yes, I get why it's an important book. Yes, I get why he wins awards. No, I couldn't read it without throwing it across the room at least twice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home