Monday, August 15, 2005

brett easton ellis - doncha just wanna slap him?

now aging (relatively) once "literary wunderkind" Brett Easton Ellis has another book out. whoo. Here's a link to the NY Times review for those of you who care. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/14/books/review/14COVERSCOTT.html?8bu&emc=bu
and a picture that, yes, makes me want to slap him...

In more interesting news, William T. Vollmann, photos of whom always make me want to take him home and give him soup (oh shutup...), writes in the Times about Curtis Cate's "Friedrich Nietzsche"...and yes, geek that I am, reading Vollman writing about Nietzsche truly makes me hot. If you, like me, find such things sexy, go here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/14/books/review/14VOLLMAN.html?8bu&emc=bu

give this man some soup...

and while we're on the topic of writers who just make me want to bring them home & give them soup...whatever happened to Anthony Swofford's novel? Isn't it about time that he puts something else out? or are they (his publisher, agent & the rest of the machine) just waiting until JARHEAD: THE MOVIE comes out, shoot it's respective wad (oh shutup...) and then they'll release it on a hopefully, supportive American public. Just finished a re-read of "the Stars at Noon" by another writer who ellicits the "soup response" in me, denis johnson. Though that flyleaf photo in the first edition hardcover I just got my hands on is close to inspiring a slightly less wholesome/maternal response. ahem. Here's a soup inspiring photo of DJ for you all...

doncha just wanna give him some soup?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home