Friday, December 03, 2010

really should post on here more often but I'm just too busy well...living. even my addiction to tumblr has waned somewhat. that said, November was spent writing a novel for "Nat'l Novel Writing Month" - though most of it was written on a plan to/from Phoenix, Arizona which may color the content somewhat. I managed to get to 50, 400 some words by 11pm on Nov. 30th. And a lot of those final 20K words were written Sun/Mon/Tuesday night. Left me pretty brain dead but at least those characters' voices have quieted down for a while. I tried writing a "normal" plot-driven novel & mostly that's what it is but it ended up being in alternating sections, all in first-person, telling about the same central event(s) from 6 (7?) characters' POV's. It was pretty ridiculous though I think if I re-read it, I'll find at least some usable work in there. I really like one of the characters a whole bunch and may re-use him in something else. Or maybe try to salvage this thing and send it out? can't hurt. ***Had Thanksgiving Dinner at the Grand Canyon, thanks to my ultra-generous parents. We stayed at the semi-crappy "Grand Hotel" in Tusayan (just outside the park) and had dinner at El Tovar. They even had a vegan entree which was more than just roast veggies. I even had pie. The day before, we (my mom & I that is), hiked along the South Rim in the snow. It was amazing though I was pretty happy to have a warm car/hotel room to go back to after that. Can't imagine hiking down into the Canyon and having to camp out in that weather. Still, I do want to do the North-South Rim hike one of these days. Soon. That's about it. Think I'm canceling my planned trip to New Orleans for New Year's - just can't afford it this year. But may have a friend interested in Mardi Gras. Which could be fun. I hate that I don't have a place down there anymore. Being there as a tourist just feels really weird & wrong. Oh well.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home