Tuesday, June 02, 2009

back from hiatus (a/k/a the library)

okay...so I've been neglecting my blog. See, there's this thing called "life" and this other thing called "school" and they've just been keeping me too busy. And then I just felt like I was too far behind and so I couldn't possibly post or ever catch up but that's just lame so...here I am back again.
I think I'm going to stop posting all of the announcements of Armed Forces casualties - not because I don't still believe that we should ALL pay more attention & give these men & women the respect they deserve but...because I'm lame and just can't catch up. Who knows...maybe I'll end up posting once in a while but for now, just can't do it. And yes, I know, I'm lame...Onwards...so, I've finished the MFA (eek) and the first full draft of the novel (double eek) and have since left it neglected & started working on other things. Some stories going out this week. One appeared in the last (?) Raleigh Quarterly. That being "If I were a Carpenter" a/k/a "the hammer story." It's also going to be in the Brooklyn Writers' Space anthology which was supposed to come out in December but isn't yet out. um...okay. Lots of other stories & poems out there in the ether waiting to be accepted or rejected or ignored. * I'm continuing my work towards a Master's in Humanities & Social Thought at the truly wonderful & demanding NYU. Although it's putting me even deeper in the poor house (is that one word or two??), I'm learning SO much and, I think, it's been very good for my writing and my brain. This summer I'm taking a class with CK Patell wherein we're reading Kerouac, Ellison, Pynchon, Silko, Roth (bleh), Morrison, and a couple others. I could do with more women writers or at least less of the old white guy variety but I guess I have to study this stuff sometime. It's a short course and I somehow have to come up with a topic for my paper & write it over the next few weeks. (whee!) After that, I'm taking a British Fiction course and then? I'll be DONE DONE DONE...except of course for that 50K word Master's Thesis. And the Ph.D. program applications. Ack. The day job calls. again. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home