Wednesday, December 20, 2006

better late than never I guess...& yes, I know I deleted the photos & the logo & all that pretty stuff but I'm just too damn tired to deal with how much blogger sucks for photos right now...and now...the latest new from Jesse Dayton & if you don't know his music, are you sure we're friends?

Hardchargers-
Talkin to my engineer from Casa Studios the other day and he said, "Ya know, ya can't throw a stick without hitting a singer/songwriter in Texas...but this new duets record is a throwback in the sense that it is a singer's singer record". Steve, I would have to agree...post Jerry Jeff, Townes, Guy Clark, Robert Earl Keen, who are all genius' in their own right, (and I listen to them all, especially Townes)...but they wouldn't sing a George Jones song to save their life... This new duets record has the most powerful vocals I've ever recorded. Brennen Leigh sounds like a cross between Loretta Lynn and Tammy Wynette...we pushed the hell out of each other!
This THURSDAY (DEC. 7th) at the CONTINENTAL CLUB in AUSTIN, Brennen and I will be debuting some of this new material live, plus some JD BAND favs for the Solid Chrome Dancers...(show starts @ 11:30, so after Chapparal quits at the Spoke, follow Jeff on over to the CC!)...also, on before us that night is what I think is the best rock n roll trio in Texas...HONKY!

SAT. NIGHT (Dec. 9th) we're back in HOUSTON baby...it's Jim Goodes' ARMADILLO PALACE on KIRBY next to Goode Co. BBQ...if you haven't seen one of our shows here, than your doin yourself wrong, wrong, wrong...the crowd is rowdy and the dancers are non-stop...let's get it on! (show starts @ 9:00)
Adios Mi Amigos! JD-
p.s. check out the new song we posted on www.myspace.com/jessedayton from the duets record!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home