Wednesday, December 14, 2005

52 books in 52 weeks updated 12/14/05

Here's the update as of today 12/14/05...52 books in 52 weeks...[re-reads marked with * and ** if I've re-read more than once] ...is there some kind of prize?? Also, I don't count poetry collections, literary mags (even though I guess you could call them short story collections) & I'm not sure if I should count easy reads like Rowling or Dan Brown books.
BTW? I'm all done & working on 3 more & yes, before a certain person asks, I do indeed have a job & a life :)

1. denis johnson: jesus son*
2. stars at noon
3. resuscitation of a hanged man*
4. name of the world**
5. seek
6. jeanette winterson: passion
7. lighthouse keeping
8. sexing the cherry
9. written on the body*
10. chris offutt: out of the woods**
11. no heroes*
12. kentucky straight**
13. the good brother*
14. nick flynn:another bullshit night in suck city
15. ian rankin: resurrection men
16. knots & crosses
17.let it bleed
18. black & blue
19. haruki murakami: the wind-up bird chronicle
20. eugenides: middlesex (or as much of it as I'm going to read...)
21. the DaVinca Code: dan brown (as a part of my promise to myself not to condemn what I have not yet read...it takes about 2 hours to read & yes, it's as bad as you might think)
22. gould's book of fish
23. john koopman: McCoy's Marines: darkside to baghdad
24. evan wright: generation kill*
25. secret society of demolition writers
26. elizabeth gilbert: the last american man
27. phillipa gregory: the queen's fool (okay...read it for work)
28. gregory maquire: mirror, mirror 29. emile zola: nana
30. bastard on the couch (daniel jones, ed.)
31. men seeking women (mainly for the chris offutt piece)
32. JA Jance: name withheld
33. tony hillerman:sacred clowns
34. tony hillerman: sinister pig
35. tony hillerman: hunting badger
36. james lee burke: cimarron rose
37. james lee burke: bitterroot*
38. bill bryson: a walk in the woods
39. aimee bender: the girl in the flammable skirt*
40. aimee bender: willful creatures
41. aimee bender: a true sign of my own
42. Best American Non-Required Reading 2003
43. Best American Non-Required Reading 2004
44. Larry Brown: rabbit factory
45. denis johnson: already dead**
46. james salter: sport & a pastime
47. don delillo: cosmopolis
48. harry potter & the half-blood prince (should I count this as a book?)
49. neil gaiman: anansi boys
50. lori moore: frog hospital
51. jonathan lethem: gun with occasional music
52. ian mcewan: atonement

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home